Friday, June 15, 2007

An Amazing Dad


Who said that guys can't multitask? Caleb has been doing that for...ever since I met him. If I sat down and wrote down everything that he accomplishes during the day, I would be neglecting all that I should do, because that's how much time it would take. Today Caleb defended his dissertation proposal; it was supported and given the OK by his committee members. He is on a clear path to the writing of his dissertation. Wow. If that was all that he did today I would sit back and say, "Phew, glad you made it through the day." (I'll still say that, but there is more that he did). He is so organized that he also managed to find time to design and print up individual tags for each of our bins that will be shipped out in the next week. He met with his advisor, printed color copies of his power point presentation for each of his committee members. He even sqeezed in some necessary shopping at ROSS in hopes of finding some new running shoes (no luck, though). He accompanied me to pick up a roll of film that finally got developed from my 35mm camera after a tw0-year hiatus, entombed in the camera. Caleb picked up the last of the plastic bins to store our goods for shipment. If that was not enough, he cleaned the dishes up after dinner and just put Maddy in bed. She was snuggling into him as we sat on the couch as a family to watch Mrs. Miniver. He will anything and everything for us and others. He will sacrifice his time or figuring out another time to schedule his activities so family time is uninterrupted. On this weekend of Father's Day, I want to tell you thank you, Caleb. I love you.