Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
I'm asking You God, to give me what You have left.
Give me those things which others never ask of You.
I don't ask You for rest, or tranquility.
Not that of the spirit, the body, or the mind.
I don't ask You for wealth, or success, or even health.
All those things are asked of You so much Lord,
that you can't have any left to give.
Give me instead Lord what You have left.
Give me what others don't want.
I want uncertainty and doubt.
I want torment and battle.
And I ask that You give them to me now and forever Lord,
so I can be sure to always have them,
because I won't always have the strength to ask again.
But give me also the courage, the energy,
and the spirit to face them.
I ask You these things Lord,
because I can't ask them of myself.
(Written in today's Magnificat Meditation of the Day)
Thankfully, we have been given life and freedom, and so we are able to live in peace and travel without any worry. Today we are celebrating our freedom together as a family. We woke up to a beautiful day. After enjoying a delicious crepe breakfast, we traveled to the river-lined Belmont Bay. We enjoyed the sunshine and the gorgeous scenery of trees, boats, the Occoquan River, and blue herons soaring above. God is so good to bless us with beauty. Thank you, Lord.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Pita, you and I were in the car together yesterday visiting. It was so enjoyable having you on my lap in the driver's seat. You love that. You love to be where it all is happening, and that is the spot to see it all. Your big sister was in her car seat asleep. You both had been troopers in the back seat while I traveled to 5 different homes checking them out from the road before we went to walk through various later that evening. I love you, Sweets. You are spunky and curious, and oh how you love to walk. You have tasted something excited, and you are not willing to sit back. You are our "Ra-Ra Girl."
Yesterday Madge was back at her easel painting away. This time she was painting turtles and lots of other things. At the end I painted her hands for her "signature" painting, and then she got to do her own painting of the hands. When I painted her hands she said, "That feels nice!" What a ball we had. A sign of your precise painting skills, Madge, were obvious in that there were no paint splatters on my white skirt. Nice work, Beauty Queen. I love you.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Enjoy the photos!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The two of you are growing by leaps and bounds everyday. The nuance of spending so much time with you is that the gradual changes are seamless, indeed sometimes unnoticeable. Nevertheless, whenever I am able to take a step back, I marvel at all the little changes I see in you.
- This morning as I was leaving for work, you used the idiom "all of a sudden" a few times in our dialogue. It was priceless to hear you use that phrase so expertly. (I think you became cognizant of how proud I was of you--you gave me that cheeky, gleeful smile!)
- Mom told me last night that during the day you were using complex sentence structures. Not just "if"..."then", but with multiple scenarios played out, depending on the circumstances. I laughed as she said that you were now really a little diplomat.
- Over the past week, you have been really cute in using your words to express yourself. Your vocabulary is expansive. Yet, you forget sometimes the word for certain things. When that happens, you say: What is the name for that? As you say this, you're pointing to some object or else you will describe it. "Mom, what's the name for that little, red berry...oh, yeah, cranberry."
- You took your first steps last week. It was adorable how you would walk to Mom or me. A couple days ago, you started to take steps all on your own...towards one of your toys! So neat to see you using your new skills. Sorry, no numchuck, bowhunting, or computer hacking skills for you yet.
- You also enjoy crawling over to Mom and me to use us to stand up. Then you walk around holding onto our pants or skirt. Adorable.
- A couple days ago, I was teaching Madge how to hold your hand to help you walk. It was really cute to see the two of you walking around the house holding hands, all by yourselves. Madge is such a good sister to you as she let you "lead the dance."
- Finally, you are already a multi-tasker. You enjoy pushing objects as you crawl around the house. However, you don't just push one object. The other day I saw you pushing two balls and a doll and a toy. You would roll one ball a few feet forward, then another, then grab a toy, and then the doll. You made laps around the house, bringing all the objects with you each step of the way. Classic, Babe. Classic.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Let's have many more cups together, shall we? I love you. I love our life together....coffee and all! Love, CO
Monday, May 4, 2009
It is true Pita is on the go, solo. On April 30th (a day before my bet was set that she would walk alone) Pita took 6 steps all by herself. Again she was at it tonight. Brilliant. I love watching her little toes grab the floor to steady herself. Adorable. Pita, we are proud of you. How often you and your big sister teach us that although we are physically able to go much faster than you, we must always take baby steps with full trust in the One leading us, and always be dependent on Him for the times we fall and give ourselves bumps and bruises. He is always picking us up guiding us to where we should be. We are excited to guide you on your beginning steps, but always remember that it is His path that counts. We hope we can always guide you there.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
I just put Madge to bed. We said our night prayers, I sang to Madge our nightly songs, and then I laid her in bed. Just as I was about to leave, she asked something that she asks some nights. She asks: "Lay with me? Just one minute?" I climbed into bed, and told her that I would love to lay with her." As I laid beside her, she put her little right arm around my neck. Oh, how I love you, Madge. You know how to get to our hearts by asking the simplest things.
Pita got her 7th tooth just this past week. It seems as though Pita keeps doing some new big girl thing as soon as we blink our eyes. Her little tooth is just on her lower right side, next to the two front teeth. It is making its way through her gums at a very fast pace. This is the same way all the rest came through fast! Since the beginning of March until now, seven teeth have arrived. What a trooper she has been. We love you, Sweet Girl. When you read this, you can look back and see that your big sister Madge went through the same thing. Growth can be a pain, but whether physical or spiritual, growth brings us to new heights (sometimes literally).