Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today we give thanks for all of the men and women who have fought for our country and died in sacrifice for our freedom. We continue to give thanks for the brave men and women who continue to serve. We lift up their families in prayer. For, it is no small thing to give up a spouse, a mom or a dad to go abroad to fight for our freedom or to live in constant service to our nation ready to go and defend her freedom without a moment's notice. It is a job that is often lonely, thankless and taken-for-granted. Today we thank you. We also remember all of the men and women who have been sacrificed without ever seeing the light of day: those who have been aborted. God, please give our country the grace to realize that it is killing off generations through the attrocity, not "choice," of abortion. There is no choice, no freedom in killing the unborn. We love you, dear brothers and sisters.

THE PARATROOPER'S PRAYER

I'm asking You God, to give me what You have left.
Give me those things which others never ask of You.
I don't ask You for rest, or tranquility.
Not that of the spirit, the body, or the mind.
I don't ask You for wealth, or success, or even health.
All those things are asked of You so much Lord,
that you can't have any left to give.
Give me instead Lord what You have left.
Give me what others don't want.
I want uncertainty and doubt.
I want torment and battle.
And I ask that You give them to me now and forever Lord,
so I can be sure to always have them,
because I won't always have the strength to ask again.
But give me also the courage, the energy,
and the spirit to face them.

I ask You these things Lord,
because I can't ask them of myself.

(Written in today's Magnificat Meditation of the Day)



Thankfully, we have been given life and freedom, and so we are able to live in peace and travel without any worry. Today we are celebrating our freedom together as a family. We woke up to a beautiful day. After enjoying a delicious crepe breakfast, we traveled to the river-lined Belmont Bay. We enjoyed the sunshine and the gorgeous scenery of trees, boats, the Occoquan River, and blue herons soaring above. God is so good to bless us with beauty. Thank you, Lord.