Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Little Pro-Baby Girl


A couple of days ago Maddy and I headed out to support the 40 Days for Life Campaign by meeting a friend and her baby boy at a nearby abortion clinic, where we walked along the side walk in front of the abortion mill, with other prayerful pro-lifers outside. I brought a sign, and Maddy practiced holding it before we left. But really, I didn't need one. I had a beautiful witness to the beauty, sacredness, simplicity, and laughter of life in my arms: all 20+ pounds of her. Cars passed and honked quite frequently. Maddy just stayed there, complacent in my arms, and waved back. She'll be making friends with passers-by for the months to come as we make our way back on a monthly basis. Who knows what future friends she is helping save by just being.