Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Feast Day, Guadalupe!

Pita, Our "Little Guadalupe," We love you dearly. You are true to the message that Our Lady brought to St. Juan Diego-- full of surprises. You give us so much joy. You are an affectionate spirit (who deeply cares for your big sister and your little brother) and yet, you can truly hold your own weight when it comes to sharing an opinion or emotion! You are our treasure, our little rose that brightens the dimmest of moments with your silly eyes and funny lips. Rest in Our Lady's arms, sweet girl, and always remember that she is with you every step of your journey toward Jesus.




Our Lady of Guadalupe:
Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief.
Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain.
Am I not here who am your Mother?
Are you not under my shadow and my protection?
Am I not your fountain of life?
Are you not in the fold of my mantle?
In the crossing of my arms?
Is there anything else you need?"

"...Know for certain that I am the perfect and perpetual Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God...
here I will show and offer all my love, my compassion and protection to the people.
I am your merciful Mother, the Mother of all who love me, of those who cry to me, of those who have confidence in me.
Here I will hear their weeping and their sorrows...
their necessities and misfortunes..
Listen and let it penetrate your heart...