Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Little love notes and flowers

Almost every day Pita collects flowers. She may run out to the back yard or pick the flowers along our trail when we are out biking and running. (She did tonight: she stopped, set down her bike and grabbed a flower. She was looking for more, but we needed to get going up the hill. She could pick and pick them without stopping. She really is the Lupine Lady from Miss Rumphius.)
 

The other day, Pita had picked flowers for me and gathered rocks (something else she loves to give me.) Then, she had gone to the school room and taken down her few "esssential" art tools: paper, a pencil, and a stick of glue. She brought her creation to me in the kitchen. I love you, Peach. Thank you for loving me so much with your sweet ways that remind me to enjoy the smallest things in this world that are the biggest lessons to us all: simplicity.