Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trust Him






















Trust Him when darkest thoughts assail thee; trust Him when thy faith is small; trust Him when to trust is the hardest thing of all.

___________________

"No matter how heavy your cross, if you just say, 'Lord, I'm having a hard time bearing this, I fail often, I want to be like you. I fail often but I shall try again.' You know that prayer pleases God." (Mother Angelica)
___________________

From Pope Benedict XVI - "Father - with this word I express my certainty that someone is there who hears me, who never leaves me alone, who is always present.  I express my certainty that God, despite the infinite difference between him and me, is such that I can speak to him, may even address him familiarly as "thou" (German du).  His greatness does not overwhelm me, does not reject me as insignificant and unimportant.  Certainly I am subject to him as a child is subject to his father, yet there is such a fundamental similarity and likeness between him and me, yes, I am so important to him, I belong so closely to him, that I can rightly address him as "Father". My being born is not a mistake, then, but a grace.  It is good to live even though I do not always perceive it.  I am wanted; not a child of chance or necessity, but of choice and freedom.  Therefore I shall also have a purpose in life; there will always be meaning for me, a task designed just for me, there is a conception of me that I can seek and find and fulfill. When the school of life becomes unbearably hard, when I would like to cry out as Job did, as the psalmist did - then I can transform this cry into the word "Father"  and the cry will gradually become a word, a reminder to trust, because from the Father's perspective it is clear that my distress, yes, my agony, is part of the greater love for which I give thanks."