Monday, June 3, 2013

Mares: the Chili Cook-Off Champ!





This past weekend, as a way to send off those who are leaving and welcome those who are arriving, the embassy hosted family party with a chili competition. Mares has a tried-and-true chili recipe that our family has always enjoyed. She whipped up the chili the morning of the competition. Five judges "scientifically" assessed the 20 chili contestants...and Mares won. Hands. Down. The girls were so excited (as you can see in the photo). Little Guy was asleep in my arms. The ambassador gave us a gift card for a local restaurant and the chili queen--my Mares--was officially crowned for 2013. I love you, Beautiful. You are such an incredible cook. The girls already look to you as a culinary inspiration. I enjoy your cooking from the receiving end! :) Thanks for all that you do to care so well for our family. You always keep us well-fed, and entertained as you can carry on five conversations simultaneously from the kitchen as you mix or prep something. I am proud. I love you, Chili Queen!