Friday, July 20, 2007

Mimi Time

My Mom was out here this past week for Maddy's 1st birthday, and we had a very enjoyable time together. Some days filled with chilling, others setting up the apartment, ironing, organizing, doing laundry, but overall, just enjoying our time together. Maddy loved her time with Mimi as she played peek-a-boo and greeted Mimi in the mornings. She loved going into the room in the mornings to give Mimi a wake-up hello. I loved having Mom out here and realized once again that no matter how old one gets, having your Mom or Dad present eases worry, stress, and pain. I wasn't feeling good one day, and Mom was there to be "mom." I don't think one ever outgrows the feeling of comfort that a mom brings. Having both of my parents in my life makes me appreciative to God for allowing me to know them better, love them more, and take advantage of the moments I have with them. I hope that everyone who has a parent or parents is able to enjoy them or at least get to know them more and never let a moment go by without thanking them for giving you life. Thank you, Mom, for coming to visit. We love you.