Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Dad

Here are a few photos of my dad when he came to visit us a few weeks ago. It's hard to describe in words how much my dad means to me. He was my best man for our wedding and has been my best friend throughout my entire life.



I sometimes rib my dad about staying in such good physical shape. He exercises physically with the same constancy and intensity that the prays: every day, never missing a beat. There was one funny occasion when we were having a webcam-dialogue (webcamalogue? I don't know!) with my dad. He kept the webcam on as he started to exercise. Mary, Maddy and I started doing the same exercises in our living room. Though some 600 miles separated us, we were united through our sit-ups and jumping-jacks. Upon asking my dad why he exercised so frequently, he responded that he wanted to stay in good shape to be around for his grandkids. Now, how great is that? I never had the opportunity of knowing either of my grandfathers. Both my parents had lost their fathers by my age. I am ecstatic that Maddy will have the opportunity of spending time with her grandfather. He goes by many names; the most common are Grandpa Tiej, Beeba, PapĂ , and Little Mickey. I can't say enough good things about my dad. The only problem is that he has set the bars of fatherhood and husbandhood so high that I already have my life's work cut out for me. The way that he interacts with Maddy brings tears to my eyes. He has an aura of sanctity and peace. She sits in his arms with that same peace and security. I love you, Dad. One day I hope to be the man you are.