Thursday, July 10, 2008

3 Years


Three years and two little girls later, we celebrate the anniversary of our wedding day. On July 2nd, 2008 we celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It was a very different anniversary than any before, as this one was spent in a hospital room. Neither one of us could have been more ecstatic to be celebrating there, since such a hospital stay was due to Pita's birth. God is good. Caleb had stayed the night following Pita's afternoon birth--July 1st-- with Maddy at our house and then drove out to the hospital the next day. He walked through the door with Madge, a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers, and our wicker picnic basket filled with nice treats. What a beautiful surprise!Thank you, Caleb, for making our anniversary so special and creative, considering our circumstances. Thank you for three years of good times. I love you and look forward to so many years ahead.

Our Nuptial Blessing:
May God bless you, hold and keep you. May God's mercy shine on you. Guide your work and guard your resting. Make your love forever new.
May God join your hopeful spirits. Fill your hearts with truth and courage. Trust to share both joy and tears. Teach love to your children's children. Make your household learn to witness living faith through all your years.
May God bless you, hold and keep you. May God's mercy shine on you. Guide your work and guard your resting. Make your love forever new.
May God make your home a refuge where you warmly welcome strangers, and the lowly find a place. Make your caring kind and patient, help you meet the needs of neighbors. Finding Christ in every face.
May God bless you, hold and keep you. May God's mercy shine on you. Guide your work and guard your resting. Make your love forever new.

Our Wedding Song: Nada Valgo Sin Tu Amor by Juanes

Translated in English: I Am Nothing Without Your Love
English Translation (below):

As we weather while the time passes us by, it begins to appear that in the end our hurt outweighs the years.
And so I desire to spend my years together with you, my eternal love, together with my family, together with my friends...
I am worth nothing, I have nothing, if I don't have the best: your love and companionship in my heart.
Better a year late than a decade without you. It's worth it to finally have my heart replete.
Hence I always want to be conscious of your steadfast love, be we near or far from the end.
I am worth nothing, I have nothing, if I don't have the best: your love and companionship in my heart.
Come, my love...
I feel weak when I am without you, and I become strong when you are here. Without you I don't know what it's like to live. My life is a tunnel without light. I want to spend more time with you, take back the moments I have lost, and conquer the immense fear of death so as to experience eternity with you.
I am worth nothing, I have nothing, if I don't have the best: your love and companionship in my heart.
Hence I always want to be conscious of your steadfast love, be we near or far from the end.
I am worth nothing, I have nothing, if I don't have the best: your love and companionship in my heart.
~Poetic translation by CO