Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Run, Daddy!

Oh, the joys of the father of the recently potty-trained toddler. Last week I was walking with Madge through the supermarket. She gave the warning alert: "Daddy, I've got to go potty." I switched directions and headed to the bathroom. Half-way there, she told me, "Run, Daddy!" My first reaction was to sprint, but after a month on the big-girl toilet, I am a bit wiser. "Madge, you can hold it until we get there," was my response as I continued my walk to the bathroom. Sure enough, when we arrived at the bathroom, she took her sweet time walking around and inspecting the place. (It's kind of like a dog discerning a suitable location for a leg-lift.) After a few minutes, she went to the bathroom. Nevertheless, I will never forget my eyeball bulge on hearing Maddy's "Run, Daddy!" I love you, Madgie. You're so much fun.