Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Photos

Thank you to my sweet family for such a delightful day on Mother's Day. What a gift it is to be alive and thankful for the gift of life, the blessing of family, the humbling experience of motherhood. I am so grateful. We had a beautiful weekend with much beginning on Saturday morning with a trip to Mom's Apple Pie Bakery, a walk to the local Farmer's Market to buy a few more plants for our little raised garden (thank you, Caleb), and a delightful walk home in the rain. Ahh, the rain drops were huge, a little cool, but the rain was brief, so when the rain quickly passed it felt like we had just stepped out of the cool ocean and were standing in the sunshine warming ourselves. The littlest blessings of life are the best. After returning home and drying out a bit on the way home, we ran a few errands to the library, grocery store, etc., before returning home for the girlies' naps. Thanks to you, Caleb, I had a wonderful workout at the gym while the girls napped. On my return, I was blessed to see a beautiful gift: the start to our reorganizing the storage area of summer clothes for our switcheroo of the closets. This was awesome! We got our closets reorganized and wardrobes changed for the new seasons of spring and summer (the next day the temp. really dropped-- so funny!). Sunday was delightful with 8:30am and then a trip to Wegman's for a delicious taste of yogurt, coffee, and yummy bakery goods. Caleb also surprised me by having me pick out some flowers. I love the ones that I chose, because they are the type that you can keep for a while after drying-- I will remember our morning of Mother's Day for a while with these beautiful blossoms adorning our dining room table.) After Wegman's we got to enjoy a family nap, which was a real treat before Madge and I headed down to the city to the "Kennessy" Center (as Madge calls it :) for "Knuffle Bunny" a musical, adapted from the book, Knuffle Bunny. Madge and I enjoyed our date and conversations in the car there and back. When we arrived home Daddy and Pita had prepped a yummy dinner of honey-mango chicken, corn on the cob and fruit salad. I love the gifts you, Madge and Pita, gave me: a beautiful card designed by you and Daddy and sunflower seeds and cucumber seeds for planting in our little garden. The night was topped off, literally, with a cherry...that landed right on top of the sundae Daddy made for me. What a beautiful weekend, a beautiful time together. Oh, before I forget, I received 3 books as gifts for Mother's Day. Two of the books were from very kind friends; one who gave me Gift of Faith, and the other was Small Steps for Catholic Moms. Caleb surprised me by getting me, The Secret Diary of Elizabeth Leseur. What a treat all three books are, a real reminder to me to take advantage of any and all moments for reading, to make the time and to grow more in the ways God wants me to through the channels He desires.