Monday, July 26, 2010

Family Time

My dad and sister Mary Theresa drove through the night Friday night/Saturday morning from Michigan and arrived just in time for the baptism on Saturday. What troopers, what dedication, and what love. It was very nice to be able to introduce them to our friends in the area: for a few moments, two special spheres of our lives combined.

Madge and Peach loved spending time with Beeba and Aunty Mimi. Of course, they spent a lot of time loving Baby Caleb. He's our cutie! Some highlights included music and dancing thanks to the guitars of Beeba and Aunty Mimi, meals together at home and at Ikea, Mass and the baptism, Pictionary and cards (below is picture of Baby Cal's first card game!), and hanging out together inside (since the weather on Saturday reached 107F).

We love you, Dad and Mary T! Thanks for making the effort to come out and visit us. It was such a special blessing to have you share Baby Caleb's baptism.

[As I type this, Baby Caleb is lying on my chest. He's looking up at me and saying, "where is my grandpa and Aunty Mimi? I told him that we'll see you again in just a couple weeks!]