Friday, July 8, 2011

Uma Homenagem a Minha Esposa (A mais bela do mundo)

A Homage to My Wife: the most beautiful in the world!

I don't know how she does it! So often I feel like I am flailing in my two-dimensional world of work and home life. Yet, with such grace, Mary juggles tasks in about thirteen different dimensions, and ever so gracefully! In the course of the past three days, she has been unpacking from our last trip across the country, packing up for our move across the world, making homemade granola from scratch with the girls (in the midst of all the other meals every day), keeping up a robust daily prayer life, exercising, teaching the girls at home, maintaining detailed paperwork to document their educational experiences, preparing the house for rental, working to sell our second car, planning for the next year of our lives together, finding lots of time for intimate dialogue with her husband (who's madly in love with her...in case that's not obvious!), getting together with friends, making birthday gifts for family, cleaning our abode, nursing and spending quality time with Baby Caleb. The list goes on and on and on. I know that my unkeen powers of observation only catch a mere fraction of all that she accomplishes. Nevertheless, I am awed and grateful.

I love you, Mares. Thanks for all that you do. Thanks for being my best friend. You awe me and marvel me. You're the best! Estou orgulhoso de ter voce como a minha esposa e estou agradecido de ter a bencao de passar o resto da minha vida a seu lado. Beijos!