Friday, October 14, 2011

True Love


Just this morning, I loved you so much. Every day, I love you so much. But, there are those moments that I see love just captured for a moment in time.

You were just about to head out for work when you ran upstairs to get a towel before your run. On the way out of the room, I think little Calsee awoke. So, down you cam with a sleepy, fuzzy-haired, Calsee lingering on your shoulder. Sweet, I thought. In love, I felt. You are my love. The man who can make me so grateful by the simple things in life: washing the dishes, asking to bathe our threesome as I prepare dinner, "get them" in a chase around the house, take off in a jog with Madge at your side-- just Daddy and girly time, talk through tantrums with our girlies and help them find what's wrong through words, creating a date night--like last night-- for us at home: a cup of tea, a bowl of stove-popped popcorn, a chapter of He Leadeth Me, and conversations about our day and our life together. These are the moments, the precious moments, that I appreciate, and say, "Thank you" for being my knight. I do not want headlines; I do not want the "world's" idea of love where looks, money, and the "high-life" make us soar (and then probably crash in the next life, if not also in this one). No, I do not want the glitz. But, I will take and rejoice in your goodness, the little things that make you the man God calls you to be. And, while receiving that and rejoicing in it, I am blessed and so very happy to be the one, forever, at your side.

All my love,
Mares


_________
For a real-life reflection on what romance means to John and Lisa Clark's married love and a simple reflection of the extraordinary love that God creates in married love, read this.
(A small excerpt below:)

Sometimes when we’re doing some of the more mundane things in life, such as cleaning dishes, sorting laundry, or cleaning up after Veronica’s dog, we joke to each other: “It’s not the thrill it once was, is it honey?” But the truth is, it is still a thrill. I’d rather spend an ordinary day with Lisa than an extraordinary day with anyone else. I hope every man feels that way about his wife. But if your focus is on the proper things in life, why would life ever stop being thrilling?

In our modern culture, reporters and paparazzi seek out the exploits of famous actresses, professional athletes, and rock stars, and provide pictures from their romantic dinners and escapades. Six months later, many of these cultural heroes have left their former “loves” and have replaced them with someone else. I would like to hope that romance sets its sight a little higher than that. God intended romance to be better than that.