Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's All About You, Lord

As I look at the countless ways you serve, ultimately the way you love, I reflect on this song, The Heart of Worship, particularly these lines.
"...You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart ...
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
"-- song, Heart of Worship, Matt Redman


I know that what we can give to Our Lord is filled within and without with eternity, living out out the everlasting right here, right now.


I love you, and I am so grateful for the countless ways you serve and desire to be God's channel of grace in my life. We are that channel to each other, and instead of waiting to live heaven, thank you for living it now in service to God through your every day actions in our marriage: washing the dishes, grocery shopping, washing the vegetables, folding the laundry, wiping up the sinks (even if it is on another day than the scheduled "Tuesday Bathroom Cleaning Day"!) I love you.


I know I did not do anything to deserve goodness, and that it is all a gift. I gladly accept that gift, you, and I will treasure you and pray for you every step of the way that you may fulfill His plan and purpose for your life.


_______________________________________
When the music fades
And all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart

[Choras:]

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/matt_redman/the_heart_of_worship.html ]

[Verse 2:]
King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath
I'll bring You more than just a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

[Choras:]
I'm coming back to the heart of worship And it's all about You All about You, Jesus I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it When it's all about You It's all about You Jesus Its all about you Jesus