Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Little Scary When They Know So Much So Young

Dear Madgie,

Today you made me chortle out loud at the office. Here's the story:.

9:30am at the Office. I noticed that I had missed a call from Mom's phone. I played the message and this is what I heard:

"Hi Dad. It's me, Madge O. How are you doing today? Call me back soon, k, Dad? Love you. Bye."

It gave me a laugh, especially the part about calling you back. I figured that it was one of those parroting moments, when you were just repeating whatever Mom told you to say. I was wrong!

9:30am at Home. Mom knew that you had her phone and that you were hiding out in the guest bedroom. When she came in to see if you were getting into any phone mischief, you said, "I am just calling Dad." You had called me and left a message all by yourself! Kind of scary for just a 2.5 year old! From what I hear, you were wearing your signature smirk. (This is the smirk that seems to say, "I am just here, hanging out, doing my ho-hum job. Yeah. Okay.")

I love you, Madgie. Please stay my little girl for ever!
Dad

Photo caption: Madge fell asleep while in the backpack when we were at Mt. Vernon last week.