Monday, February 23, 2009

Complementarity



Thanks to God for His good sense in giving this world husbands to complement wives and wives to complement their husbands. This gift hit me once again last night as Pita fussed (she's receiving her fourth tooth and overcoming a little case of the sniffles). Usually she can be nursed and life is all better, but not much was satisfying her last night, until Caleb suggested he take her for a drive. I agreed, because my heart was breaking as I heard her cry, and I knew I had tried all that I could from holding her, attempting to nurse her, giving her Beeatrice and Quinny. I quickly bundled her into her carseat and Kiddopotumus and sent her with Dad for some relief. Not long after their departure their arrival came, and wa-la: Pita was asleep. She had cried several minutes before falling asleep, but she stopped fussing as soon as they hit the freeway. Thank you, Caleb, for taking her out and helping her become peaceful. I am so thankful for God's creation of marriage: one man and one woman--two totally different personalities that can balance one another's emotions. When my heart breaks, there is the balance Dad to step in and accomplish what needs to be done. (I know I have written about my love for you and your support before.) As I told Caleb's Dad this morning, I know that it is not that dads do not care when a baby cries, but they have different tolerance levels, and for those I am grateful. As his Dad asked, "What good would two basket cases do?!" Exactly.