Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Different Strokes for Different Folks"

It's funny what sticks and what doesn't. Over the weekend while we were at the zoo (I forget the exact context now), we used the phrase "different strokes for different folks" in front of Madge. We ended up giving her a brief explanation and mentioned that it's one of her grandpa's (Beeba, my dad) favorite lines. (Believe me: my dad has many, many, many favorite lines! He's the best!)

Anyhow, fast forward 3 days. We're doing our typical after-dinner routine: we put on kids' praise and worship songs on the stereo so the girls can play their musical instruments and dance around while I am washing the dishes. At one point, she comes careening around the corner of the kitchen in one of her small cars and sings (in a deep, gruff voice) "different strokes...for different folks."

It gave us a laugh. Madge, we love you. Thanks for being our girlie!