Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Peach and I and Baby Cal while you two are off on your date!




Tonight was a double date as Maddy and Daddy went out to see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center this evening, and Pita, Baby Cal and I were the trio that hung together. I remember thinking while I was pregnant about this evening and how far off it seemed, and that by the time it comes I will have a new baby in my arms while Pita and I have our time together. That time is now. Seeing how quickly time passes makes me think of this song. We had a very nice evening together. I took Pita out to Chick Fil-A and dinner was nice as Little Cal ate while snuggled in the Moby and Pita took in the surroundings and people-watching. She loved playing afterward in the play area, and wow, she was really climbing and getting around while 5 year-olds and 9 year-olds bustled around her. Afterward we headed to Target to run some errands there, and Pita wore her back pack in to the store. She has been carrying it around all evening-- the one from Pa-Pa. So cute. She even put her dollar and a bit of change in it, and was insistent on paying the Target bill at check out. (What a great date she makes!) I know Daddy and Madge are having a great time too, because Madge called me around 9pm to tell me that she almost fell asleep during the show, that it is snack time, that she is eating licorice, and everything she had to tell me was interspersed with, "Guess what!?" What a handsome looking pair you and Daddy were tonight, Madge. You got your shower and all dressed up to step out and then you put on your bracelet from Uncle Matt and Aunt Sayeda at Easter time. You came downstairs with your peep-toe shoes all stunning and white, ready to go! You quietly sat on the step and waited for your date-- the best in town! I am so glad that you, two, are enjoying this time together. We had a blast here at home too. (Some pre-date pics below)