Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Little Love Note to My Children

Dear Madge,
Recently with all of your rehearsals and shows at the Kennedy Center, I have had the privilege and wonderful opportunity to spend exclusive moments with you. Mom and I were talking how we love to watch you interact with all of the show cast and the technicians backstage. I'm always amazed to see how much you understand and how well you're able to articulate your thoughts and feelings. You're such a sweet girl and so much fun to be around. Last night, were to talking with the character Goro about how he had shaved his head for the role in the opera. I asked you afterward if you wanted me to shave my head (not that I would, but more out of curiosity to hear your response). You said, "no, Dad. Your hair is perfect just the way it is. I love your hair." And you began to stroke it. You're our sweetie pie. You and Pita are always so quick to think of one another. When we took you out for a special ice cream date on Tuesday, your first request was to take an ice cream home for Pita. Ever considerate. I treasure our moments together. I know that at some future moment we will to part, but for the time being I am enjoying every moment with you.
Love, Dad

Dear Guadaloops,
You are our sweet cuddler. My favorite moments with you are when you come running into my legs for a hug. Every time we see each other, you're coming over to spread some loving affection. You have so much to say...we can't wait for all those vocabulary words to arrive so we can understand your many thoughts! Know that your Mom and I are making a concerted effort that you don't develop middle-child syndrome. I don't think you'll have a problem with that as your creativity, uniqueness, and love overflow. It's wonderful to see your areas of growth. It's also wonderful to see your caring side. I find it amazing how one second I can be providing some rather strict discipline and then the next second you're all over me with affection and love, and we're playing again. Just like your big sister, you're so much fun to be!
Love you, Pita,
Dad

Dear Caleb,
Our healthy, happy and beautiful little boy! We all love. I will have to write some more for you later on as I am running to Portuguese lessons now.
Love you lots,
Dad