Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love without ceasing

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost." –GK Chesterton
I wasn't planning to write anything this moment. It is quiet, though: Caleb is sleeping here (Little Caleb, that is). Pita is sound asleep too, and well, the man I am about to write about is out... with his biggest girl at opening night's performance. I didn't plan to come here until I read the quote above. It hit me. It is so true. Caleb's birthday comes this week. We have already begun celebrating. (How fun birthdays are with children around. How full of life and gratitude they become with the presence of sweet little ones.) I am so grateful for what we have, each other, the lives we have been blessed with, yes, they are true blessings. How quickly everything can be taken away, and yet I am so grateful to God for the fact that we can build our eternity now with the choices we make individually and together, as a family.

I am so grateful for the life of my dear husband. Giving. Loving. Gentle. Filled with laughter. Hardworking. Never counting the cost. Thank you. You have made so many choices that have allowed us opportunities to give and to receive, mostly, to grow together and challenge ourselves and each other. I love you.