Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Watching. Appreciating. Being Grateful.

This morning I came into the livingroom to sit and just look on to our threesome who were doing what they do every day: play together, pretend, be a family, create a picnic or a party, just be. together.

I cannot count the ways during the day that I am just grateful. Grateful to be teaching our children at home. Grateful to soak up the moments of their being the ages the are: the ages they will never get back to pretend and play side by side again. Grateful to have them learn how to socialize, look people in the eyes when they speak to others and be genuinely concerned for the good of another person. Grateful to love them all day long and to know I can feed them, hug them when they get bumped, their feelings are hurt, or direct them in gently settling an argument. I am grateful. We are all imperfect. We all have our faults, temptations, frustrations, bummer moments. I watch the girls and Little Caleb care for each other, and for Mommy and Daddy, and I am grateful, because they learn, and they are so capable of so much. If only I would step out of the way more to allow God's life to flow and move me in the movements He desires. Hard work is what it is. But, it is all worth it. God's grace is incomprehensible, because it is such a gift. How grateful I am to be able to help our little ones, alongside my husband, to guide and channel these moments in life for an ultimate goal that we can live out here on earth: heaven.