Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy 13th Birthday, Pludo!

To my little brother, known as Joseph, Joe, Little Joe, Little Booger, or simply Pludo (oh, Pudo and Pudy, too): Happy Birthday! I can't believe that you're already 13! I remember when you were just a cute little baby. I have such wonderful memories of times with you from that moment until now. I am proud to be your godfather (except when I have to remind Dad that you're his son ;)).

I would say that your hallmark quality, the one I admire most in you, is your sense of generosity and caring. You are already a wonderful caretaker for mom. You've always been one to spend all your purse on gifts for others. (However, I am still waiting for you to share your secret hoards of candy--just wait till I find them at home...one of these days, you just wait!) No, Joe. I'm serious. All of your little nephews and nieces flock to you because you're such fun and exhibit such patience with them. Madge is always talking about her times with you. (Pita would be too, but...) You're a superb young man, a fun brother, a caring son, and a wild uncle! We love you.