Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Dear Meema and Beeba,

31 years ago today two young people in love made a commitment to each other. Today, two mature people in love are celebrating a commitment beautifully upheld. Here's to another 31 years of togetherness! Our heartfelt congratulations and love to you both as you celebrate another year of marriage. You impress us. You inspire us. You challenge us.

I can only imagine that not every day has been easy, let alone perfect. Nevertheless, a marriage is not about convenience or perfection. A marriage is about journeying life together and persevering as a unit, in good times and bad. And, that, Mom and Dad, you have done to perfection.

We love you deeply and admire you profoundly. I owe my life to the existence of your marriage: I wouldn't be alive otherwise. I owe a great part of my person to the witness of your marriage: I wouldn't be the man I am today without your daily example of love.

Congratulations, love, and prayers from all of us. May God continue to bless your love and make it fruitful.