Friday, September 4, 2009

Quick Recap (with hopefully more to follow!)

Life is slipping by. Sometimes in an effort to seize the day, I have forgotten to document the day. Oh, well. I now see that we haven't posted anything for well over a month. Hopefully we will be able to post some photos soon of our balmy August.

We spent the first week or so of August vacationing with my family on the shores of Lake Michigan in Holland, MI. I have three favorite memories from the week together:
  1. Playing board games and chatting with my family in the evenings
  2. Taking family walks to the beach...somehow we would juggle pushing the double running stroller (loaded to the brim with towels and beach paraphernalia), sipping a cup of coffee, applying sun tan lotion , entertaining the kiddies with snacks, holding down hats from gusts of wind, and holding a somewhat intelligible/sane conversation
  3. Sitting back and enjoying the family interactions: little cousins playing together, aunts and uncles and grandparents and nephews and nieces, and great grandma and great uncles and aunts
Towards the end of August, we found a house that we liked and were pleased to have our offer accepted. Everything has gone smoothly enough and we hope to settle and move in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, we have been feverishly packing for the move. We hope to move everything into storage next week. While not yet confirmed, it is looking hopeful that my dad and brother Joe will be coming to Virginia to help out with the move. It will be great to see them again. Next Saturday, Sept. 12, our family will be flying out to Seattle. While it's a work trip for me, Mares and the girls will be staying her parents. I look forward to joining them in Part Archard for a week once my business trip is completed. (As we were driving home yesterday, I told Madge how excited I was to go and visit the fam in Seattle. Madge replied "I'm 'cited, too, Dad." Pretty darn cute.) When we return from the trip, life will continue with its break-neck pace as we settle and move. I hope we'll have some respite in the month of October. We'll see. My mom constantly reassures me that the pace of life will only get faster. Uh oh!

P.S. the new photo above in our title is from our recent visit to the grave of the late Sen. Kennedy. More to follow on that visit...