Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day

The luck of the Irish go with you! I didn't have a green tie (or suit--phew!) to wear to work today, so my boss gave me a green shamrock sticker. I wore it on my suit coat for a meeting at the White House and felt proud to be Irish.

Mary whipped up quite the feast in honor of St. Patrick, my dad's confirmation saint and one of my father-in-law's patrons. Corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, homemade Irish soda bread, and for dessert we had those yummy little Irish potatoes (cream cheese and coconut balls rolled in cinnamon, or something like that).

Some photos below. The girls sported matching green shirts thanks to my mother-in-law.






PS. Mares just had me feel her stomach--the little guy is really moving in there! You can even see movement from the outside. Cool.