Monday, September 15, 2008

Four Years


Caleb, Four years later, and it seems like yesterday that we were ascending the stairs of the bell tower at The National Shrine. It was a day that would change our lives forever. I remember leaving school that day after a long day of teaching and being so happy that no cars had blocked me in at the school parking lot so that I was on-time to meet you at the Shrine for our four o'clock (or so) appointment to check out the bell tower. Little did I know you had so much more planned than just a "look" at the Tower. How well you planned that afternoon, which you specifically marked on the calendar, so as to have our engagement day be on the special feast of Our Lady of Sorrows and Grandpa Young's anniversary into eternal life. I was amazed at the other planning you had done in asking John to play photographer on the roof of Gibbons Hall from which he captured the first moments of our engagement. I remember looking out over the city of DC and CUA, and then turning back around to find you on one knee, holding my hand and speaking so gently. Your words were beautiful and unforgettable. I love you and thank you for sharing your life with me, and now with our two girls. I cannot, for a moment, imagine life without you, journeying at my side. You are my dearest and best friend, and I look forward to every day with you, walking hand-in-hand on our way home to heaven, together.Here's for you
(Photo credit: Thanks, John, for helping us with these photographic memories.)