Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy 2 Months, Beautiful Girl!


Pita, you are 2 months old (July 1-Sept.1), and you are our sweet little gem. You have brought us so much joy and made me stop and think, "What was our life like before you?" Thank you for your smiles and squeaks. They are art pieces and music in our home. As one nurse told me during your blood work one day, "She is going to do great things." We agree, and you know what? You already have.

Just one month ago you were born, born into eternal life with the sacrament of Baptism. What a beautiful celebration it was in the evening of August 1st. On this evening, Friday evening, we attended 6:30pm Mass at St. Sebastian parish in Michigan, and your Aunty Mimi and Beeba played guitar and sang. Aunty Mimi played and sang solo, "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever," as I requested shortly before Mass. She did a super job. Deacon Charles baptized you, and he did such a wonderful job during his homily in explaining the sacrament and the responsibility we have as parents and the duty and call of this sacrament to your spiritual parents, Uncle Dan and Aunty Miriam. The whole evening was beautiful and simple, just like you, sweet girl. Although so many of your family members could not attend and come in from all over the globe, they were praying for you and we know will continue to as you go forth in this world with a shining light. Speaking of "shining lights," when Deacon Charles gave your baptismal candle to us and stated that the candle is a symbol of your faith, Madge saw the light and thought she had a particular duty: the duty to blow it out! That she did! What a silly sister you have, methodical no doubt, though. She loves you so much. On your baptismal day, you wore the dress that Maddy wore on her baptismal day, August 5, 2006. The gown was made especially for our family when Daddy, Mommy, and Maddy (then, in Mommy's tummy) were living in Beijing, China. Mommy and Daddy chose the material and lace, and a Chinese seamstress fashioned it simply in a few days' time. It came out just as we desired: beautiful and simple. May those two characteristics always be descriptions of your faith in Jesus, who loves you dearly and says, "Now you are mine twice: First I made you; then I bought you back!"(Chosen and Cherished, p.11). Following your baptism, we returned to Meema and Beeba's house where we celebrated with ice cream sundaes and banana splits. A dear friend, Mickey, sang a very special song for you too.



Isaiah 43: 1-4, 6-7
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5-7"So don't be afraid: I'm with you.
I'll round up all your scattered children,
pull them in from east and west.
I'll send orders north and south:
'Send them back.
Return my sons from distant lands,
my daughters from faraway places.
I want them back, every last one who bears my name,
every man, woman, and child
Whom I created for my glory,
yes, personally formed and made each one."