Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Love You


Every day I appreciate you. Every day I love you. Some days I need to be rocked off my spot to remember and be grateful for what a good spouse God has blessed me with in you. The other day when you called to tell me of the news that happened on 14th St., I immediately recalled just how fragile life is and how much you mean to me. That evening, I was so happy to have you step safely off the shuttle bus and step into our home where you belong. Your love for me humbles me. That night you brought out our nice massage table, a relaxing therapy for the end of a full day. You do all of these things on your own, and I love you. (I can hear you gettting our girls ready in the other room for the day, as I write.) Thank you for your love, appreciation, genuine attention to me and our girls. I look at you, and I see a glimpse of God's love for me. I see how much you love me, and I realize how much He loves each of us. If we are a glimpse of His love, how much more He must love each of us. How awesome it is for each of us to have our own banks of love in our family, our spouse, our network of friends. We are incapable of loving and giving everything to everyone (let's save that for the Biggest Lover of all), but I love the fact that we love what God gives to us so very much. Today, I give thanks to God, again, for reminding me of the goodness that is in my arms. I love you.