Tuesday, June 23, 2009

To My Little Ones

Dear Madge,

This evening at dinner, you diplomatically asked Mom, Pita and me what the favorite part of our day was. You responded that your favorite part of the day was picking me up from the commuter lot. Despite an exciting day at the library and at the pool, your highlight was getting me! I was touched. Later at dinner, I asked you whether you wanted to get married or become a nun. First, you said that you wanted to become a nun. A minute later, you said that wanted to get "maddy-ed". (I think in your mind, since Mom (Mary) is "married", you would be "maddy-ed." Classic.

Also, I took you and Pita to the pool today while mom was at the fitness center. You were keen on jumping into the water. It was such fun catching you in the water. Yesterday at the pool, I was attending Pita when you jumped. On that occasion, I didn't catch you. You fell headlong into the pool. I scooped you up a second later. However, you had gone under completely. The great thing was that we turned the whole mishap into an exciting foray of dunking your head under water. You were so proud of yourself. You keep asking me to miss you and let you fall into the water by yourself. I would do it more, but it's hard to keep the situation under control while holding Pita in my other arm. You're my little jumper!

Dear Pita,

This evening you and Mom were playing chase around the house. You are such a passionate little kiddo. You get into every activity with gusto. So, when you were chasing Mom, you would literally throw yourself at her every time you caught her. Mom would catch you or else you would fall onto her legs. Such childlike trust. Later after rosary, I was lying on my belly on the floor. It became a romp session for the two of us. Your big sister was reading a book with Mom, so I had you all to myself. Again, you were throwing yourself on top of me and inviting tickles.

Your cheeky smiles and stubby-armed hugs captivate our heart.

My love and admiration for both of my girlies,
Dad