Thursday, November 12, 2009

To My Dear Little Ones

Dearest Madge,

You're the sweetest little girl! This evening at dinner, you hopped from your chair onto mine and climbed up onto my shoulders. You whispered into my ears, "Dad, can we play together after dinner?" I replied, "sure, as long as you promise to be my little girl forever." Then you smiled and uttered, "I'll always be your girlie, Dad." (Note to self: Caleb, read this blog post thirteen years from now.) You were a cuddler this evening and had me carry you throughout the house. Thanks for being my girl. I love you. You're such a good big sister. After dinner, you were carrying Pita around the kitchen. At one point, you accidentally hit her head on the cabinets. I don't think Pita even noticed, but you immediately began consoling her with "it's okay, my baby; it's okay, my baby sister." You are very considerate of those around you. At the end of the day, when I asked you what your ONE favorite part of the day was, you replied just like your mom would have. "Dad, I don't have just one favorite part of the day, I have three." I love you, Madge Pie.

Love,
Dad

To My Sweet Little Guadalupe,
My favorite part of the day yesterday was arriving home. The rain pummeled against my umbrella as I trudged from the bus stop to our home. As I walked up the porch, I saw you through the screen door as you ran around the house. As soon as you saw me, the biggest smile came to your face and your ran to give me the tightest of hugs. You're too cute! Just thinking of you brings tears to my eyes! Whatever little sacrifices come with parenting pale in comparison to the rewards I receive on a daily basis. You give great big kisses. Needless to say, you made my day when I got home. Now I have one more reason to look forward to coming home. Never forget how much your Mom and I love you. Last night as I went to bed, I found that you had come over to snuggle up next to me. I found your little head close to my chest. Mom always says it, but it's true, your baby breath is the best. Keep up the good work. Just slow down on the climbing, okay?

Love,
Dad