Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You are My Sweets


Madge, You have done the sweetest things (and said the funniest things) that I want to write here to look back on in the future. We were doing school today and talking about the 5 senses. When we got to the hands and reasons why we use them, you kept jumping into my lap and hugging me around my neck. Yep, that is one good reason to love the sense of touch! I love you.

One day when you were coming out of the sniffles after we had quick changes of weather and allergy-recipe-like-weather, you said to me, "Mom, you can kiss me on my lips now. I'm not sick anymore." I love you, Madge, and I don't think anything could keep me from giving you a little smooch on those pretty little lips.

You have such a sensitive nature, a beautiful thing to be thankful for. You have had the desire from such a young age to come and tell me when things are not ok, i.e. if you did something you think you should not have, etc. So, one day after you had been at "Bekah's" you sat in the kitchen and talked, and talked to me about your day. Then, you said, "Mom? Today I didn't use a tissue to blow my nose." I asked, "What did you use then?" You responded, "My sleeve. Bekah said she didn't have any tissues." Ahh, your innocence and candor. I love you. Never lose your sensitive nature. It will serve you well, especially in the way that you are so compassionate and empathetic to others. We love you dearly, Madge.

Tonight as I was bouncing Pita to sleep, I saw you walk through the door in your jammies. Dad had already put you to bed, and you were waiting for me to come into bounce you and sing to you, our nightly routine. But, as you walked into the bedroom, you said, "Mom, bounce me." How can I resist your little desires of service. I will treasure forever these moments of ours together when you sit in my arms and I sing you songs, like, "You Have Come to My Heart Dearest Jesus." You sweet head lies gently on my shoulder and your little lips and face shine upwards towards mine. You are my love, sweet girl.

This morning you woke up and were whimpering that you wanted to be a baby again like your little baby sister, Pita. I began telling you that we all change from babies and grow, just like acorns have to change and grow in order to become beautiful trees. Still, that was not enough and you wanted to me in someone's tummy. So, how did we compromise? You climbed under my big sweatshirt and laid there for 5-10 minutes, and I just talked to you just like I used to when you really were growing inside me. I sat there and soaked in the moment as I realized how much you understood of what I was saying to you, and you were that same little person in my tummy 4 years ago. Thank you for being my baby. I will love you for always.