Monday, September 20, 2010

Beautiful Girl


Madge,

There are so many little conversations we have during the day or just before you go to bed. So many things are on your mind just before lying your gold curls down on your pillow. I have jotted some down on paper so that I wouldn't miss these moments to record for your eyes later on to read. I love you, Sweets. You are a real joy, so motherly with your little sister and little brother. A true gem in our family. I thank God for you. your humor silliness, holiness and just plain pleasantness. Here are some of your words to remember:

Madge: Why did Daddy pick you up?

Mommy: Because he has big muscles.

Madge: Why?

Mommy: Because, when you work out you get big muscles.

Madge: Do you have big muscles?

Mommy: (I show Madge my "flex"). I'm trying.

Madge: Because you want to pick Daddy up?

Mommy: Sure :).


The other day, Madge, you showed me a little vile that goes with the doctor's kit that you and Pita play with. You noticed that it had a cross on it. Here's what you said:

Madge: (Holding the little bottle). This is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus.

Mommy: Madge, get some sleep (telling you after just putting you down for bed) so that you can get rest before gymnastics tomorrow.

Madge: Mom, it'll be my first gymnastics! Just like my first field trip!

On Blessed Mama's birthday, September 8, 2010, you and Pita and I sat around our dining room table and prayed some of the Rosary for the morning celebration. Here is what you said then:

Madge: When is Jesus going to call us to heaven?

Mommy: I don't know, Madge.

Madge: (To Jesus) Please help me (get there), thank you. :)
____________________________________

In a similar vein, you told me the other day this:

Madge: Mom, one night I was in bed and I was saying to Jesus, 'Thank you, thank you, for letting me stay home!'

Mommy: What do you mean?

Madge: He hasn't taken me (to heaven) yet.

You asked again last night when He is going to call us, since He hasn't already. This time I was telling you that we must still have some work to do. Thank you for blessing my life with such happy work. I love you!