Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Little Guy

It's been weird and wonderful to have another man in the house. Since Baby Caleb is still so little (and unconscious most of the time--he still sleeps 90% of the day), I have to keep pinching myself to wake up to the reality that I have a little boy! It's a wonderful thing. I look forward to doing so much with him in the future as he grows. However, I also enjoy my every moment with him right now. It brings such satisfaction and joy to hold him in my arms and put him to sleep. Just last night, he fell asleep in my arms as I swayed to and fro. He's a little cutie and he has quite a fan club at our home. The real problem is keeping his groupies (Maddy and Pita) at arm's length while he's asleep. They want to cover him with kisses--something hard not to do, I confess--at all moments of the day.

We love you, Baby Caleb. You're already 6 weeks old. You've changed our lives for ever and it feels like you've always been a part of our family. Keep growing and keep on smiling.