Friday, September 24, 2010

My Thoughtful Princess

Dear Madgie,

Good morning, my darling girl! Thanks for being our girlie, such a wonderful girlie. You're a wonderful big sister and a thoughtful little girl. The other night, I was downstairs trying to settle baby Caleb. You were in your bed and Mom was putting Pita to bed. You must have heard that baby Caleb was fussing because you went into our bedroom, found Caleb's pacifier in his crib and brought it downstairs to me. The pacifier did the trick. I never even had to ask and you were already on it. Such a sweet and thoughtful girl! I'm proud of you and I love you.

Earlier that same day, I had arrived home from work slightly before you awoke from your nap. You came down the stairs as I was sitting on the couch. You came directly to me and cuddled down on my lap. You had a big bed-head and you were wearing nothing but your underwear (the weather is still 90+ degrees plus....come on, Mother Nature, fall has begun!). It was so nice to hold you and snuggle you in my arms as your limp body woke up from it's restful slumber.

I love you, Madge. Have a wonderful day. I love you more than words can ever say.
Dad