Thursday, September 23, 2010

Contemplating Littlle Beautiful Faces

To My Sweet and Dear Guadalupe,

The other night when we were at the Kennedy Center, you were contentedly sitting on my lap for almost the entire performance. Since you were getting sleepy, you were not your normal energy-ball self. As such, I had the opportunity to simply stare and watch your beautiful face as you took in the concert. There's nothing like watching you and your sister and brother. I could stare at you for hours--as I do sometimes. You're so sweet, so beautiful, so innocent. I hold you and try to refrain from showering you with kisses. An almost impossible task. You have cute monster teeth. Your hair has been growing longer (it's still short, mind you!). While you've been thinning out as your movement continues to increase, you still have cute, quasi-pudgy cheeks...cheeks I love to kiss. Fortunately, a beautiful demeanor and personality accompany your beautiful looks. Thanks for being my girl. I am proud to be your dad. I look forward to spending the days and years we're granted to be together. I love you.

Love and prayers,
Dad

PS. I wish I could be staring at your little face now!