Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweet One



(34 weeks, 3 days, June 9, 2010--home after your dr.'s appt.)

Hello, Little Boy,

You are now 34 weeks in utero... Sunday we will begin month 9, the final stretch. You are a real mover. The other night I was sitting on the couch with Dad and it felt as though you were going to pop out of my tummy. It looked like as much with your little limbs rubbing around under my belly. I love you. I cannot wait to meet you. Each time we have been blessed with a life, I am amazed at God's love, for our love just expands and loves the new baby like I never could have possibly imagined. Your sisters cannot get enough of you. What I love to watch is Pita coming up and giving you hugs, kisses, and talking to you. Maddy loves to talk to you too and sometimes she tells us what you are saying... Like the other day, she said that you were grateful for your "big sister." Dad said, "Oh, Baby Cal is so happy to have you, Pita," and Maddy responded, "He was talking about me, Dad." She was a bit confused, but then it clicked again... yes, you have TWO big sisters. Lately, Little Man, I have been feeling very well with you. I am just so thankful to have you in me. There was a time back in December where I wondered if this time, these months would continue. I thought I was losing you in a miscarriage. But then, I was reminded in the hospital not to be afraid because if you did leave this world, you would be in God's arms, and that is the safest place anyone could ever, ever be. But, in God's loving mercy, He is allowing us to experience these moments with you. You are a joy. You make me do better. How blessed I am to feel well, to be able to exercise and keep in shape for each of you. What a blessing kids are to our lives-- encouraging us in so many ways to live up to what God wants of us. Yesterday I went to the dr. for my check-up (I will go back in another 3 weeks or so... at that point we will be over 37 weeks :) and all was well. Your sisters stood beside the bed as the dr. placed the little Doppler on my tummy to listen to your heartbeat (which was in 130s--great!). Pita began mumbling words of excitement when she heard your little heartbeat, chugging a long like a little choo-choo train. At this point the dr. said that you are in the transitional phase, since you are lying sideways... with your feet on my right side, and your head on my left. It is much more comfy to lay down on my left side. I hope that is nice for you too, since you can lay your head on the bed when we sleep. :) I look forward to the moment of bringing you into this world. I also look forward to giving over to God the pains that will come with labor, all for a sweet life.
(November, 2009-- the sign of you!)
(The first day I really knew you were inside me---how little you were then.. not even a bump yet...November 20, 2009).