Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You are Something Else






Madge,
There have been several moments that I have wanted to record before time goes on. I want to tell you that you have such a thoughtful and giving heart, and you always want to help even when you are not asked. Like the other day: I had just changed Pita's diaper, and I must have asked you to get a diaper and the wipes for me. You did. After changing Pita, I took the wipes back to the basket only to find that the diapers were either almost gone or gone completely. You had disappeared from the room too. I thought I would just call upstairs to ask if you could bring more down. Before even taking a step there, I saw you coming back down the steps with your arms overflowing with a stack of diapers. You were steps ahead of me. Thoughtful with foresight-- not even asked. We love you so much. The other day I was telling you about how Grandma Mimi would be here and maybe you and she could go on a date. You said that you would have to help Grandma Mimi with your seat belt, because of her thumb (you had remembered from months ago--maybe back to January that Grandma Mimi's thumb was sore and it was difficult for her to get your buckled clicked.) Then, there was this evening. We were at Pita's bed as we prayed our night prayers and you went on to pray for other people. You said something like: "For the people in the park who aren't nice. We can pray to Jesus so he can come into their hearts." Thank you for you. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for wanting to do good. May your heart always be guided by the Blessed Mama and Jesus and St. Joseph, and your dear guardian angel, who must look at you in moments like these and be very proud of his little angel on earth.