Friday, June 18, 2010

A Wonderful (Early) Father's Day Dinner Celebration

Thanks to my wonderful family, we had an early Father's Day Dinner last night. Unfortunately I will be out of town on business on Father's Day itself (sniff, sniff: I'll miss all my girls...and my little guy in utero) but Mares was thoughtful enough to organize the celebration in advance. It was a positively delightful evening. True to form as ever, Mares prepared a delicious dinner: chicken- apricot salad, homemade bruscetta (with fresh basil from our garden!), some fine wine, and a dessert of coconut-peanut-chocolate ice-cream pie. Madge has done so many pieces of artwork for me for Father's Day--probably like 20 drawings, paintings, etc. Peach has done her fair share of cute artwork for Dadda. They're the best girlies. After dinner, showers, family rosary, bed for the girls, and couch time with my beautiful wife.

Thanks to Mares and the girls for my new running shorts and trimmers. I appreciate you all so much. After all, being a father is only possible thanks to you.

Best wishes and prayers to my Dad (Beeba/Grandpa Tiej), my father-in-law (Paw-Paw), and my godfather (Uncle Glenn). I love you.