Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Peach Pie!








Dear, Pita,
This is the night I remember like yesterday... the night before you were born. I cannot believe that two years have passed. So many life happenings have taken place in between 2008 and 2010, and you have been with us. What a gift your life is to us. A true blessing. A real joy. Something sacred. Thanks be to God for the goodness He has shared with us through you. You have brought us countless smiles, tears, moments of awe, joys, spots of wonder and awe. It is hard to imagine what our lives, let alone your big sister's, would be like with your presence. I remember that first moment of your life outside the womb and your being laid on my chest. I was truly humbled, in tears, full of joy. I think anytime a Mommy delivers a baby it is a good time to look at Luke 1: 46-55, especially those words of the Blessed Mama's: ...my spirit rejoices in God my Savior for he has looked with favor on his lowly handmaid."

Pita, you are one spunky girl, with this theme song for your life to boot, but the sweetest little pie with so much affection to give. It must have been around 3am or so this morning, and you laid there beside me, snuggled up next to me and put your arm around my neck. What a little love bug you are. Thank you for your sweet kisses, hugs.


Today we went shopping for your birthday cupcakes that we will make tomorrow. Madge was thrilled when you let her help you pick out your ice cream. She asked you if you wanted chocolate, and you were right on board. We got chocolate/peanut butter swirl, and we also got the fixings to make these fun little flower cupcakes for tomorrow, July 1st. It was so much fun just going around the store with you and getting the little things for your birthday, from the pepperoni for our pizzas for your b-day dinner, to the girgeous sunflowers to make the birthday table glow with yellow rays as we lift your life up in thanks tomorrow, to having you ask to see the "choo-choo" at Wegman's and listen to Madge say, "Pita, can you say 'choo-choo?' " And, your responding, "Choo-choo." Madge had the best look on her face! Impressed with that vocab!

Pita, I love you immensely. We love you immensely. Your baby brother must already love the hugs and kisses he gets from you. You have such a happy, spunky, strong-purposed disposition. And, you are super thoughtful. We like to call you the "water bottle deliverer," because no matter who comes to visit us, or if it is just our family here, you go and get that person's water bottle and give it to them. Even last night you heard me say--yes, out loud-- that I had to use the bathroom, so you quickly ran into the bathroom before me and lifted the lid on the toilet. Talk about service... kindness, sweet thoughtfulness. I love you, Little Girl. Let's remember the old times when you marked our hearts forever.
And this moment when you were just 4 weeks old.
Sweet sisters, kiss, kiss, kiss...
Welcome, Sweet Girl.
The day you truly entered new life, your Baptism: August 1, 2008.

I love you, Ra-Ba,
Mama