Friday, May 25, 2007

The Best Days

The breezes have returned here to Honolulu, and what a blessing they are. I took advantage of them today by hanging laundry load #1 out. It was beautiful to look over to the East and see the Manoa Valley and mountains line the background of what looked like a living painting. While the wind blew the shirts, towels, and sheets, I took hold of the opportunity of the simple moment of hanging laundry to have extraordinary thoughts and enjoy the present. Next to the clotheslines, stood a little almost-three-feet girl who dropped toys off the side of her exersaucer and watched them plummet to the ground like water off the Niagra Falls. Maddy was loving her time outside with me in the sunshine, and I was happy to have her there just being her little ten moneth-old self.

While waiting for the laundry to dry and stiffen on the line, I went and grabbed a couple of noni fruits from one of our two trees. They still need to ripen, but I have two to extract juice from when they are ready. I was recently reading more about noni health benefits, whicn include: antioxidants, immune system health booster, and wonderful source of help for skin repair. From what I read, the noni fruit was found in the Polynesian Islands about two thousand years ago. There, the juice was regularly used to help cure such things as scorpian fish stings and abrasions to the skin. I was speaking to my Mom and was telling her more about the noni when she told me that she had seen the juice at Costco. It is such a big hit on the health market, and so many professional athletes are drinking it like water because of its awesome health benefits when consumed regularly and over a period of time. What is pretty amazing about the noni (what is pictured below) is that it yields fruit three hundred sixty-five days a year!









After hanging laundry and picking noni fruits, Maddy and I sorted laundry. It is no nice to have a sorter--laundry-tossing--playpal all in one little girl. Maddy and I also had a dance session is the livingroom, and she
absolutely loves being spun around and that of facing outwards so that she can flail her arms and legs. What fun times we have together, and when Dad comes home. When he arrives, we know that we will be leaving shortly for a family jog, and Maddy loves to hang out with Caleb while he stretches and works out a bit before we leave. She gets a big kick out of her Madge and Dad time.