Saturday, May 26, 2007

We've Got The Funnies

I just left our room after trying to get Maddy to sleep. Since I am here, you may have guessed that my efforts were not successful. (It is wonderful having a spouse and sharing parenting. What a super Dad Caleb is for being an awesome parent. He has some very cool Dad techniques with Maddy. I call them "The Odd Couple.") Well, she did do her sleepcrawling, and switched positions about ten times, but in the end, she was not asleep. I had to laugh, though, and blog about it, because of what Maddy did five minutes ago. Our house is full of laughter with this little lady living here. She keeps us on our toes and entertained simultaneously. Gosh, what a baby can do. It is amazing. It is wonderful. It is just funny. We laugh a lot, and from reading about what positive effect laughter has on one's health, our health must be tip-top. Back to the story and reason for this entry at bedtime. Just as I was lying there with Maddy next to my side, she suddenly began to get up: sleepcrawl, which Caleb described quite well in a previous post. This time, though, her crawl ended with contact, contact with my knee. She opened her little mouth, 1/4 filled with teeth, and bit me on the knee. Most moms reprimand their kids for bites; I had to laugh. I love her. She does the silliest things at the funniest times for the strangest reasons, and she is teaching us. She is teaching us to enjoy life, to love the simple, and laugh until it hurts.