Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Easy To Feel Overwhelmed

"I am a pencil in God's hand."~Mother Teresa
A few months ago a friend of mine sent me an e-mail giving me a heads-up about a magazine, Wondertime, that she had ordered for me as a gift after Maddy was born. She had already told me that it was on its way. This time her e-mail was to tell me that within the magazine were ads for contraception. It kind of made little sense why there would be ads for stalwarting the possibility of life when this magazine promotes wonder, beauty, mystery: three elements that surround the gift of new life. Anyway, my friend was enouraging me and herself to write a letter to the editors, and so we did. This episode was brought to mind after I recently received an e-mail from one of my sisters, who also just wrote a letter to a company after seeing some very disturbing ads on tv in Australia. She wrote a letter questioning the reasoning behind the ad and stating the offense taken by them. It is sometimes so easy to think that we have very little say when the majority seems to be staring straight back at us, in droves. But, it takes just a little faith with action to move mountains. Even if one person looks at the letters we have sent, that is one person led to truth that may have never know something about "the other side" before. Sometimes it may seem like a daunting task to sit down and jot a few ideas out on paper; ideas that would otherwise take over our minds, frustrate us, and make us short-fused. Put the ideas on paper or in an e-mail and send them out. You can do so much with words. Pass them out when you need to encourage or congratulate and use them to change. We would want someone to do the same for us if we needed redirection, right?