Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Best Days


As I look down at Maddy, snuggly sleeping in her Moby wrap, lying safely and serenly against my beating chest, I thank God that I have her and have such a simple life. I don't think my life can get much better than this: Madeleine lying against me (no need to get up and check her to see if she is safe and happy in her crib, since she is with me--her comfortable crib for 9 months straight) and a nice strong cup of coffee, made by barista Caleb. While Maddy sleeps I can pack into these minutes, which may even add up to a whole 60--a full hour-- little tasks here and there. But when she awakes, always happily with a big smile unveiling her spacey-front-teeth, I thank God again for the special moments I have with her. Right now I feel like I am in heaven, or what I would imagine it to be: the love of another is enveloping, I am loved, giving abounds, there is silence, and just being is a prayer.