Monday, May 14, 2007

We Long To See You

May 15, 2007, Death Anniversary of Gram Dolan, whom we miss so very much.

As I sit here and write, with Maddy in her wrap, I cannot believe that one year ago today, I was walking the halls of our Beijing hotel, and I was 7 months pregnant. On May 15, 2006 Gram Dolan passed away. She had just turned 85 on April 16. When I got the news that she was gone from this earth, I returned to the elevator to head back up to our room. For a moment, I paused and asked Gram: "Are you happy?" And all I heard back was one, simple, peace-filled word: "Very." I knew Gram was in Christ's arms. With loving hearts, brimming with laughter and fond memories of all the wonderful times we shared with Gram, I leave today's Gospel below and a song that I love. Gram loved music, and I have a feeling she would love this song and must understand it so much more now in heaven, where she worships Christ.

_____________________

Today's Reading: John 16:5-11
Jesus said to his disciples: "But now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, ´Where are you going?´ But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.

_____________________

As The Deer

Words and Music By: Nystrom, Martin J.

As the deer panteth for the water,
So my soul longeth after you.
You alone are my heart’s desire
And I long to worship you.

You alone are my strength, my shield.
To you alone will my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart’s desire
And I long to worship you.

You're my friend, and You are my brother
Even though You are a King.
I love You more than any other
So much more than anything.
_____________________
For our wedding, Gram was going to have me wear hair pins that belonged to her Mom,but when I called her from the salon, the morning of the wedding, she could not find them but was going to look more. At the church, she walked up to me and held her beautiful wedding ring before me. That was what she let me wear. It meant so much to me, and I wore it on my right ring finger throughout our wedding Mass. Thank you for that remembrance, Gram. I love you.